DXA, or “Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry” formerly called DEXA is used to measure bone mineral density and is the most accurate diagnostic tool for diagnosing Osteporosis.
DXA can also be used to measure body fat percentage and outlines lean muscle mass, skeletal bone mass and body fat mass locations. DXA is especially useful for atheletes and individuals who are looking to focus on achieving optimal body composition for enhanced athletic performance.
- Arrive at the specified time to allow for registration and exam preparation.
- Notify us upon arrival of any special needs or allergies
- Bring insurance card and authorization or worker’s comp information.
- Plan to pay required co-pays at the time of service.
- Bring a picture ID.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
To insure the highest quality procedure in a safe environment, we are unable to provide child care services during your examination. Please do not bring unattended children to the imaging center.