Varicose (VAR-i-kos) veins are enlarged veins that can be blue, red, or flesh-colored. They often look like cords and appear twisted and bulging. They can be swollen and raised above the surface of the skin. Varicose veins are often found on the thighs, backs of the calves, or the inside of the leg. During pregnancy, varicose veins can form around the vagina and buttocks.
Spider veins are like varicose veins but smaller. They also are closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins. Often, they are red or blue. They can look like tree branches or spiderwebs with their short, jagged lines. They can be found on the legs and face and can cover either a very small or very large area of skin.
- Arrive at the specified time to allow for registration and exam preparation.
- Notify us upon arrival of any special needs or allergies
- Bring insurance card and authorization or worker’s comp information.
- Plan to pay required co-pays at the time of service.
- Bring a picture ID.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
To ensure the highest quality procedure in a safe environment, we are unable to provide child care services during your examination. Please do not bring unattended children to the imaging center.